Moving on a Budget
You need help moving, but you’re afraid you can’t afford a moving company? Know you need a moving professionals help, but not sure how to keep costs down? Rest assured that we, at Just Moving Southern Maryland, understand why many need help moving while on a budget.
Here are the most frequently used suggestions we give to our customers to help cut down their costs.
- Pack everything up yourself. Have all boxes taped up and labeled before the movers arrive.
- Minimize the amount of time the you need the movers. Know exactly what they need to do when they get there. They will be on the clock no matter what they are doing. You don’t want to pay them to stand around waiting.
- Only have the movers load/unload the big bulky, heavy items. Save your back. Leaving your large pieces of furniture, appliances and mattresses for the movers is definitely okay. They have received training on how to lift the items and load/unload them properly.
- Move the small to medium things yourself with a borrowed van or truck. If the moving truck only has to make one trip, you will save money. This is done if you move the smaller items with your friends truck and leave space in the moving truck for the big stuff.
- Always let us know your situation. We may be able to offer more suggestions that will help you move easier and cut down your cost of using a moving company.
No hidden fees. It’s our guarantee that you will know and understand what you are being charged for. We are happy you are contacting us for help in your move, so we have no desire to make your moving process any more difficult.
Call (240) 718-4511 for your free moving estimate!
Or fill out the form below: